July 27, 2015

I really really do love Public Healh

Hello to anyone who is not also reading the Facebook page - I just wanted to explain my brief absence. Last week I was snowed under with printing and stapling my Deakin job paperwork for the coming data collection sessions, and this week I am just so flat out I haven't had a second to scratch myself, but never fear - next week I am going to be looking at SUGAR including That Sugar Film and my own supermarket investigations!

On another note, last week I received an award from La Trobe University! It was the Penfold Public Health Research Prize, awarded to the student who had the highest average mark across three specific public health subjects. I was presented this award by the very interesting and trail-blazing Dr Barbara Francis, a Virologist from Melbourne and the grand-daughter of Dr Oliver Penfold, a Bendigo GP who was passionate about preventative health. I was so honoured to receive this award and stoked to get this unexpected recognition of my hard work throughout my degree - and this brings me to a total of two degrees in the degree, alongside the SCU/Lincoln award received for academic excellence in 2013.

I feel, this week, like I am on the cusp of knocking down the doorway of a career in Public Health - let's see, shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment